13 September 2007

Senti con la MENTA...???

I have returned to the country where @rt always sits on its ass in a museum and does nothing, where the majority of the people who attend "Blockbuster" exhibitions go mainly because they enjoy looking at pretty pictures and where risk-taking is a definite no-no...... =( Alas, I'm stuck in Washington DC, yet again. I long to be back in Europa, but I guess its time to identify the movers and the shakers in the good ol' US of A while I'm still here.


However, before I left the beauuutiful BOOT, that is, Italia, I had the opportunity to attend the 52nd International Art Exhibition: La Biennale di Venezia. The Venice Biennale was amazing yet a bit too much of a visual overload, and too much to sum up all in a review (will probably end up being a dissertation --- ahhh, run for the HILLS). Robert Storr is a freakin' genius and the overall exhibition was executed very well. And heck, it took place in VENICE... who can possibly complain about that? So, I made it easier for all of you who were unable to see it (goes on until mid-November) to experience it via this slideshow video a la' IMovie on my new, freakin' awesome, MACBOOK PRO.

VIDEO JOURNAL: http://georgetown.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=510378011764

Enjoy it, and stay tuned for more blogs to come on exhibitions in museums, galleries, public spaces and wherever the journey of life takes me!

No comments: